Monday, June 23, 2008

Dear Blog

Monday June 23, 2008

Dear Blog

On Friday afternoon, I looked out my Living Room window and saw a woman pushing a Twin Baby Stroller up the street .. with a Basset Hound Dog on a leash. Now, the woman is walking at a faster pace than just normal walking.
It’s none of my business but I’d guess that she just had these Twin Babies within the past year and she’s out walking off the excess weight gain. That’s fine. Even admirable. And even though the Baby Carriage’s hood is laid back to where she cannot see the children (as opposed to laid forward where she can view the kids) – it’s, still, none of my business. I’d prefer that she be able to watch the kids in case of an emergency .. but it’s not my damn business to interject any, likewise, comment.
What I wasn’t too happy about was the poor Dog was walking somewhere that he, obviously, didn’t want to go (did I mention that my street is a 900’ dead end road?). In addition to this, at one point, the Dog stops to pee. The woman did, at least, give him that respect .. but when he finished, he laid down. The woman gave him a yank on the leash for him to get up and continue her brisk jaunt. This irritated me but I’m careful enough to not enter someone else’s affairs.
So, what did I do ? I grabbed MY Dog’s outside water bowl and intercepted her in front of my driveway. I, politely, asked her if her Dog would like a water break. She, politely, told me that he had a drink before leaving home .. but I sat the water bowl down in front of him, anyway. The poor guy WAS thirsty and drank 8-10 slurps from the bowl.
The woman thanked me and continued her exercise routine.
I hope I made a positive influence on this lady .. but, regardless, I feel good about my participation in the activity as I saw it.

A vicious Nikita defends her territory when the Whiskers wander onto Commando territory on this week’s episode of Meerkat Manor.

Tina Fey hosts a Repeat of Saturday Night Live, this week.

Over this past week, the new Washington baseball team lost 5 of 6 games against the old Washington Baseball teams.
First, the Nationals went to Minnesota to play 3 games against the Twins who were the Washington Baseball team from the inception of their modern franchise until 1960. The Nats lost all 3 .. two by blowouts.
Then, the Nats came home to their new ballpark in SouthEast Washington where they played 3 games against the Texas Rangers .. who were the Washington Baseball team from 1961 through 1969. The Nats won 1 of these games; a 4-3 squeeker in 14 innings on Friday night.
Yes, this team is playing without 3B Ryan Zimmerman, 1B Nick Johnson, RF Austin Kerns as well as several Starting Pitchers AND their Closer .. but I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – this team sucks !

My favorite local musical Group ( Injade .. featuring Singer, Guitarist - Adrienne Zolondick ) played gigs Friday & Saturday night at Virgillio’s, just outside the island of Key West. Both nights, they blew the House away.
I have applied for the position of Agent ( and Songwriter ) for Ms. Zolondick. We’ll see.

Brian Williams hosts this week’s edition of Meet The Press where Joe Biden (D-Delaware) walked all over sissy Lindsey Graham (R-NC).

Joe Gibbs Racing’s Kyle Busch won NASCAR’s Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, California on Sunday.
It was the 6th first place finish in the Sprint Cup Series for JGR in 2008. David Gilliland finished 2nd and sissy, Jeff Gordon finished 3rd.
JGR’s Tony Stewart was in 2nd place with 5 laps to go but for the third time, this year – he was spun out by another Driver’s errant mistake.
Next Sunday finds NASCAR at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in the Lenox Industrial Tools 301 in Loudon, New Hampshire.

Weather closes the Ice Road on this week’s episode of Ice Road Truckers.

Today in Key West, the high air temperature is predicted to be 88 degrees with a Relative Humidity of only 63 %. Clear and sunny all day.
Today’s LoCo weather forecast calls for air temperatures of 83 degrees but with a Relative Humidity of 83 %. Late afternoon thunderstorms are anticipated.

Legendary comedian George Carlin has died of Heart failure at age 71.
R.I.P., George. You always made me laugh at your jokes and more importantly, you always made me think about your topic.


Okay, thanks for dropping by this Blog, today.
I hope to see you, tomorrow, for amateur Lyricist day at this URL.


My time is, now, up .. I thank you for yours.



LARRY CURTIS SPURLOCK

No comments: