Tuesday, August 19, 2008

you in my rearview mirror; me in my spider hole

6 20 244 7

1/14/2004

larry curtis spurlock


you in my rear-view mirror;
me in my spider-hole


chorus
oh i can see you lying in the summer sun
yes i can see you on a boat in the bay
now i can see you in your little cheerleader outfit
and i can see you in a vogue negligee

but i don’t see you all that often
cause you stand me up and you let me fall
now i just see you in my rearview mirror
guess i haven’t changed that much at all


verse one
if you’re looking for me – i’ve been hiding
you won’t find me dancing rock’n’roll
they’ve got my scent all up in cyberspace
but i’m safe and secure in my spider-hole

no it’s not to hard to figure out
i’ve been burned and i’ve been cold
you know i’ve got these fragile feelings
that’s why i hide in my spider-hole

chorus (repeat)

verse two
you may be my childhood superstar
but you don’t know larry y 2 k
i eat girls like you like candy
and i spit ‘em out and i walk away

but something churned down deep inside
your buttery smooth voice mesmerizingly
like a bug drawn to a campfire
i don’t know what has overcome me


bridge

chorus (repeat)

verse three
so my thoughts begin to wander
could it have been you all along
so i open up my heart to this feeling
but i just can’t sing another sad country song

and so now that you have found me
and pulled me out of my spider-hole
i begged you to take it easy
but you disappeared with the heart that you stole


chorus (repeat)
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This better not be about me!


Jo-knee