Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned

Editor’s Note:
I feel it necessary to explain this one right up front.
I don’t want to pizz off Donna :lol: .. or those others of you who are kind enough to peruse my Blog .. which btw, thanks.
I have, obviously angered some in the past with this offering.
Here’s the scoop: I was chatting with a lady friend of mine (back in 1989) and she remarked that she wished that I had not told her about some minor occurance that had transpired. I asked her, half jokingly, if she wanted me to lie to her. She replied in a serious tone that yes, I should have lied. Then, she added, “don’t you know when to lie to a woman ?”
And it hit me – I didn’t know when to lie.
And so, as a joke ( a joke ! ), I decided to write a spoof song. One that Jimmy Buffett or Pat Dailey could sing at about Midnight after many beers were consumed. Many !
Remember IT’S A JOKE ! A joke !
Okay ?
A joke. A spoof. A lampoon.
A mockery. Tomfoolery. A parody.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

4 17 210 7
1989

larry curtis spurlock


hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

1
don’t make a mistake
and tell a woman the truth
they say that’s all they want
but if you do you’ll lose

so take my advise
if you want to be cool as ice
consider yourself forewarned .. cause
hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

chorus
no hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
no one knows that better than me
i seem to do it frequently

i know all the ground rules
still i’m alone and blue
cause i told a woman the truth

2
if you’ve made a mistake
tell a woman a lie
they’ll believe it every time
i don’t know why

to avoid the dog house
be meek as a mouse
cause just as sure as you were born
hell hath no fury like a woman scorned


repeat chorus

3
i was a bad boy
when i was seventeen
told all the girls i loved them
it didn’t seem so mean

i loved all i could
i just thought i should
but when i tooted my own horn
i found out hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

repeat chorus
.
.

No comments: