Monday, October 6, 2008

Dear Blog

Monday October 6, 2008


Dear Blog


Two page 1 items this past week:
Above the fold; the Veep Debate.
I got exactly what I imagined that I would get.
Governor Palin spoke each of her allotted times by reciting directly off her ‘stump speeches’ written by Bush’s speechwriters. And although she did give coherent albeit the ‘conservative line’ answers to several questions, there were several others that she did not answer, at all. Didn’t even try. Just went back and repeated previous answers that she had given to earlier querys.
Senator Biden gave complete and logical, knowledgeable answers to every item mentioned. He did not talk down to Palin nor did he get into a ‘cat fight’ with her. He was , indeed, the elder, more established and obviously smarter person AND Debater.
And that was that Debate.
Winner: Obviously Biden ! 27-4


Below the fold; Herndon High Scholl Class of ’68 ‘get together’.
This event took place at O’Faolain’s Irish Pub in Sterling.
This writer had not attended the previous HHS events and I was looking forward in seeing anyone who attended.
Several Classmates were already there when I arrived. The first person to see me and hug and get kissed by me was Linda Norman. And I was seated next to Linda during Dinner where we both, caught up on many family matters.
The second person to greet me and got kissed was Mary Ellen Duzan – Hawley. Her husband, John introduced himself and he turned out to be every bit of the cool gentelman that I had imagined him to be. Dianna Meredith and I had seen ech other just a few months before but were very grateful to be able to talk, further. Which we did.
Kerry Ragette Rehkamp snuck in a mouth kiss with me which wasn’t difficult / I had planned the same attack with her. Harold Cockerill and Bill Alger and I shook hands and were genuinely happy to be visiting with each other.

We were, soon, taken to our extended set of tables and as we walked there, I cheek kissed Suzy Swain and held her hand. I was trying to find a cute (quick) way of politely telling Suzy that I had a doobie (or two) and wanted to hang out with Kerry and her at her house, after the ‘get together’.
But that didn’t happen. Somehow, Suzy was pried from my clutches and by the time everyone was preparing to split, I had gotten intoxicated and missed my signs.

Let there be no mistake (regardless of my K ..) I had a plum wonderful time. And I think everybody else did as well.
If I am not in Key West, Florida during the next ‘get together’ – I will, most definitely, attend.
And I would suggest that other Classmates consider the neverending invite.


The Washington Redskins.
That’s right the Washington freaking Redskins ..
beat the Philadelphia Iggles, 23 – 17, yesterday in Lincoln Financial Field. That’s right .. the game was played in Philadelphia.
That’s two straight AWAY Wins in the NFC East.
Now, I have had serious doubts about Jason Campbell and you’ve read about it, right here .. by me. But he looks to be a different QB nowadays .. and I don’t mind him proving me to quick to judge.

Campbell completed 16 passes in 29 attempts for 176 yards and no TDs ..
but most importantly NO INTERCEPTIONS .. nor Fumbles !
The Iggles’ QB Donavon McNabb was 17 / 29 – 196 – and no Turnovers.
Clinton Portis ran 29 times for 145 yards and a TD ; he did not Fumble.
First round Fantasy Draft Pick, RB Brian Westbrook tallied 33 yards on 12 carries for the Iggles. That’s under a hundred yards to 2 of the best RBs in Pro Football COMBINED .. in consectutive weeks.

Redskins TE, Chris Cooley hauled in 8 passes for 109 yards and a TD thrown by WR Antwaan Randle El.

Westbrook did manage a Score but was not a factor, .. at all. Basicly basic.

In the best Division in the NFL (the NFC East) ..
The Giants are 4 – 0 with a Bye, this week
while the Redskins and Cowbabies are 4 – 1
and the Iggles are 2 - 3 after this defeat.

Hail to the Redskins for a very sweet ‘W’ .. against the Iggles .. in Philly.

The Redskins next game is at FedEx Field, Sunday, October 12 at 1:00 PM verses the St. Louis Rams.
The game will be televised by FOX and can be seen in the Washington market on channel 5. In Key West, it can viewed it on Direct TVs Sunday Ticket.


Now Baseball: … the Los Angeles Dodgers advanced to the NLCS by defeating the Chicago Cubs in a 3 game Sweep.
The Philadelphia Phillies will join the Dodgers there after beating the Milwaukee Brewers, 3 games to 1. The Winner advancing to the World Series.
In the American League, the Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays have a 2 games to 1 lead over the Chicago White Sox while the Boston Red Sox have a 2 games to 1 led on the Los Angeles Angels.
* Query: Why are the pedestrians in Los Angeles like their Baseball Teams ?
Answer: There are either Dodgers ..or Angels !


Joe Gibbs Racing’s Tony Stewart won NASCAR’s Sprint Cup Series Race, the Amp Energy 500 at the Talladega SuperSpeedway in Talladega, Alabama on Sunday, October 5 and televised, nationally, by ABC. It was Stewart’s first win in the last 43 Races .. dating back through last year.
Paul Menard finished 2nd and David Ragan finished 3rd.
The Race was the 4th of 10 in what is being called the ‘Chase’ .. and equates to NASCAR’s Playoffs to Championship run.
Joe Gibbs Racing’s Denny Hamlin and Kyle Busch finished 39th and 15th, respectively. The other JGR member who is slated to replace Tony Stewart, next year ( Joey Lagano ) did not compete.
These 3 top Driver’s are currently ranked 7th, 11th and 12th in the ‘Chase’.

The next NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race will be the Bank of America 500 at the Lowe’s Motor Speedway in Charlotte, North Carolina on Saturday, October 11 at 7:25 PM and televised, nationally, by ABC.


Rascal is doing well.
Barked at and chased the cat, recently. :darnedoldcat:


Today in Key West, the high air temperature is predicted to be 70 degrees with a overnight low of 40 degrees.
Today’s LoCo weather forecast calls for air temperatures of 86 degrees and with an overnight low of 79 degrees.



Okay, thanks for dropping by this Blog, today.
I hope to see you, tomorrow, for amateur Lyricist day ..
and, also, the FU League’s Final weekly Scores & Standings
at this URL.


My time is, now, up .. I thank you for yours.




LARRY CURTIS SPURLOCK

No comments: