Monday, October 27, 2008

Dear Blog

Monday October 27, 2008



Dear Blog


I’m going to vote early.
Instead of waiting until Tuesday November 4 to mark my ballot for POTUS, et al .. I will do so this Monday October 27 .. OR on Wednesday October 29.
Why, you may ask.
Just because I can .. and that I want to.
It really has nothing to do with being turned away, several years ago.
I’m, still, angry about that .. and more importantly, I wonder why it happened. Was it an honest mistake .. or did someone make the decision to take away an Independent voter’s opportunity to cast a ballot for (now) Senator Jim Webb in 2002. Karma dictated that Webb upset George Allen, Jr. in that contest.

ABC News is reporting a riff between the McCain camp and the Palin people. (Palin has people? .. Who knew!)
I mean WTF ? How can that be?
It seems that not only is Palin going off message – she’s doing it purposefully and not necessarily stupidly. It was reported that Palin has privately been expressing doubt that McCain is handling her properly.
I know it’s sounds ludicrous but evidently someone is advising her that she has a future in National Politics. And she’s, actually, buying it.
You know, I thought Palin would disappear into the Sunset after this Election even moreso than Dan Quayle did 16 years ago. My worst case scenario was that she’d get an afternoon TV Talk Show and hang around for 2-3 years. But if she hangs on to the ‘Team Sarah’ groupies AFTER this Election – I’d be shocked. But I’ve been shocked before. I don’t want to sound Reverend Wright-ish, here but there’s some pretty stupid people in this Country. And in the central red states filled with religious zeolots – we have what I’d call ‘special needs adults’.
I mean there’s still people in 2008 who believe that the Earth has been here around 5,000 years .. and that Dinosaurs co-existed along side modern day humans.
And that God is an actual being .. and not a spirituality. And that he can be summoned to change the course of events.
I have a religious background whereby I attended a Chriatian Sunday School & Church .. and studied the Baptist principles. I am fully versed in the King James Bible and Chriatian philosophies. But I have, now, concluded that a majority of those teachings are bogus. Silly and rediculously unbelieveable. Two of each animal on a gigantic boat. Come on !
I mean can you picture God sitting somewhere high in the sky in a booth similar to an old timey Telephone Operator’s with all those wires and plugs.

God: (pulling up a wire and plugging it in a board) This is God. May I have your prayer.
1st Prayer caller: Yes, this is little Suzy. I really want a Malibu Barbie for my birthday, God. But my parents are poor and can’t afford to buy it for me. Will you pull a miracle and get it for me ?
God: Sure, Suzy. I’ll get it for you. Heck, I’m in a good mood. (unplugging that wire)

God: (plugging in another wire) This is God. May I have your prayer.
2nd Prayer caller: Hello God. My name is little Johnny and my dog, Spot is sick and the Vet says he’s going to die. Can you like wave your magic wand and hocus-pocus Spot to not die ?
God: Ummm, nah. Sorry little Johnny. Spot’s going to die.
Sh!t happens !
2nd Prayer caller: But God …
God: Okay, now little Johnny .. stop b!tching. Old God works in strange ways. You know what the Bible says. (unplugging that wire)

God: (plugging in another wire) This is God …………..

But I have, once again, digressed .. as I, many times, have want to do.
So, .. I shall move on.


The Washington Redskins .. beat the Detroit Lions, 25 – 17 on Sunday at Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan. The game was not that close and I am perplexed that for the last three weeks, the Redskins have outperformed their competition only to lose one game while barely winning another and not winning the other as big as they should have.
Still, I am happy .. if not satisfied.
I would have been happier if the Dallas Cowbabies had lost to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, whom they beat 13 - 9.
I pull for two teams each NFL week / the Washington Redskins AND whomever plays the Cowbabies.

Clinton Portis again had a fabulous day running 24 times for 126 yards with no TDs but no Turnovers, as well. Portis leads the NFL in Rushing yards with 944 yards and if he keeps up that pace – would be a shoe-in for League Most Valuable Player.
Jason Campbell completed 23 passes in 28 attempts for 328 yards and a TD to Santana Moss and no INTs, again. He did lose a Fumble but hasn’t thrown an INT ALL YEAR!
Santana Moss hauled in a 50 yard TD pass from Campbell and also, scored on an 80 yard Punt Return when Coach Jim Zorn installed him as the Punt Returner, late in the 3rd quarter.
Zorn had an animated discussion with Portis after a miscommunication of who was supposed to be in the game at RB. Zorn, also, was seen chastizing Stephen Heyer for missing a crucial block that caused the near critical Fumble by Campbell in the 2nd half.
Then, just for good measure – Zorn screamed at a Reporter in the post-game Press Conference. :lol: I love it. I want my Coach to be passionate .. and nice guy Jim Zorn is just that. I love it !
The Redskins Defense, once again, played fabulously !

In the best Division in the NFL (the NFC East) ..
The Gi'nts are 6 – 1 ..
while the Redskins are 6 - 2
and Cowbabies are 5 – 3
and the Iggles are 4 – 3.

The Redskins next game is at FedEx Field, in Landover, Maryland ..
Monday, November 3 at 8:30 PM verses the Pittsburgh Steelers.
The game will be televised by ESPN and can be seen in the Washington market on Direct TVs channel 206. In Key West, it can viewed on the same ESPN channel.


Now Baseball:
The Philadelphia Phillies have taken a 3 games to 1 lead over the Tampa Bay Rays in the World Series after throttling them, 10-2, last night. Philly has another Home game, tonight in which they can wrap up this Fall Classic. If not, the teams travel back to St. Petersburg, Florida for game 6 .. and 7 if necessary.


Auto Racing:
Carl Edwards won NASCAR’s Sprint Cup Series Race, the Pep Boys Auto Georgia 500 at the Atlanta Motor Speedway in Hampton, Georgia on Sunday, October 26 that was televised, nationally, by ABC.
Jimmie Johnson finished 2nd and Joe Gibbs Racing’s Denny Hamlin finished 3rd.
The Race was the 7th of 10 in what is being called the ‘Chase’ .. and equates to NASCAR’s Playoffs to Championship run.
JGR’s Kyle Busch and Tony Stewart finished 5th and 17th respectively. The other JGR member who is slated to replace Tony Stewart, next year ( Joey Lagano ) did not compete.
These 3 top Driver’s are currently ranked 11th, 12th and 8th in the ‘Chase’.

The next NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race will be the Dickies 500 at Texas at the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, Texas on Sunday, November 2 at 2:30 PM and televised, nationally, by ABC.


Hockey:
The Washington Capitals have a record of 4 – 3 – 1 .. in the Southeast Division of the Eastern Conference of the National Hockey League after beating the Dallas Stars, 6-5 in OT on Saturday night.
Their next contest is Tuesday, October 28 hosting the Nashville Predators at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.


Pro Basketball:
The National Basketball Association’s Washington Bullets open their 2008 – 2009 Season this Wednesday October 29, 2008 at the aforementioned Verizon Center verses the New Jersey Nets.


Rascal is, still, doing well on her Rimadyl.
Stimey, the cat is, also, well .. although he is not under medication.


Today in Key West, the high air temperature is predicted to be 54 degrees with a overnight low of 34 degrees.
Today’s LoCo weather forecast calls for air temperatures of 79 degrees and with an overnight low of 63 degrees.



Okay, thanks for dropping by this Blog, today.
I hope to see you, tomorrow, for amateur Lyricist day ..
and, also, the FU League’s Final weekly Scores & Standings
at this URL.


My time is, now, up .. I thank you for yours.





LARRY..CURTIS..SPURLOCK
.
.

No comments: