Friday, April 24, 2009

Lynda Bird Johnson Robb



Friday April 24, 2009
*********************




I was physically pushed in the back by
Lynda Bird Johnson Robb
President LBJs Daughter



It was 1974.
I was 25 years old, for Chrissake !
And she pushed me.
Put her hand in the middle of my back and shoved.
THEN she remarks, “Oh ! Go on !”
(in an exasperated voice, as if I were the Town moron)

Let me back up a bit. First, I was working for Rogers Jones, a Heating & Air Conditioning company in northern Virginia. I was a residential Air Duct Installer. You could get your britches ripped quite easily handling sheet metal and so I usually only wore secondary Jeans.

This particular day, I was assigned to do a punch list HVAC work. Meaning the family was moving in .. but the final inspection wasn’t approved, yet. I had just ripped some of my nice Jeans .. and was wearing a pair of really old ones. They were high-waters, for sure. Admittedly, it looked dumb.

The residence in which I was working was that of Virginia Governor Charles Robb and his wife, Lynda Bird Johnson Robb who was President Johnson’s oldest daughter.

I was trying to determine where a condensate drain clog was. I was on my way to the attic carrying a bucket of water and wearing those pants that stopped just short of my ankles. And there she stood. With a box of towels that she was putting on hallway linen closet shelves. I was just as happy to walk by, quietly and continue my work. But, no. She looks at me and asks if I’m going into the attic. She had just randomly placed some boxes up there. She was going to tell me to be careful. I said that I was indeed going up there. And so she tells me to ‘enter at my own peril’.
Okay, I understand what she said .. and what it means – but I didn’t completely hear her at first and before I realized what I was doing, I said, “Huh !” You know – Gomer like.

I guess she figured that I was as stupid in the head as I looked in the ass.
And so with her University of Texas education, she was appalled that I was a dumbass .. and she pushed me and incredulously told me,
“Oh just go on!”

B!tch !

So I head for the attic and with every step I took .. I looked back as I was thinking of what to say in return. I never did make any further remarks but I had many things that I wanted to say.
But it was best that I played shutmouth.






LARRY..CURTIS..SPURLOCK

.

.

.

No comments: