Sunday, March 9, 2014

island retreat

 




  7_25_288_one
   back pages
 Saturday June 29, 2013
 
larry curtis spurlock


island retreat
 

1st verse
i’m just an old wordsmith
living down here in the keys
it gets hot in the summer
but in the winter i don’t freeze
sometimes i get away
fishing out on the high seas
but mostly i just hang around
enjoying the life of ease

hook 
that’s what i’m doing in this town
i don’t let anything get me down
you’ll never catch me with a frown
i never make a lonesome sound
i’m doing fine on this isle
you can see it in my smile
nothing’s going to cramp my style
i guess i’ll stay here for a while

2nd verse
i’m just a lyrical composer
at the end of this island chain
spending the nights with miss brandy
and the days with mary jane
i’m just as happy in the sunshine
as i am in the rain
and if ever i get homesick
i just jump on an airplane
 
repeat hook
 
~bridge~
 
3rd verse
i’m just a supernatural cosmic cowboy
living life out on the range
and if you knew me in my prime
you’d know it isn’t all that strange
and the ones that have always known me
know that i’m never going to change
cause there’s nothing in my past
that i’d ever rearrange
 
repeat hook


 
fini

~~~
~~
~
 






No comments: