Tuesday, June 17, 2008

it's just another bloody day in iraq

written in early 2004

6 20 245 8

larry curtis spurlock



it’s just another bloody day in iraq


chorus
it’s just another bloody day in iraq

just another mortar fire attack

just another soldier who’s not coming back

and another one who will with his legs in a sack ..

in iraq it’s just another bloody day

saddam’s gone but there’s still hell to pay

i’m afraid it’s always going to be this way

we got to get out now the viet nam vets say


v e r s e 1

i was out shopping the other day

and i bought myself a coat and tie

then i went down to my favorite diner

and i got me a piece of apple pie

all life seemed so copasetic

crusing beneath a powder blue sky

visions of peaceful splendor

were dancing inside my head

until i turned on the radio

and the d.j. said …


repeat chorus


v e r s e 2

they’re giving away flu shots

down at my grocery store

and it looks like my mom’s retirement village

all lined up and down isle 4

but that doesn’t bother me

the beer’s on the other side of the store

happy at home in the new year

another year i ain’t dead

until i turned on the t.v.

and the newsman said . . .


repeat chorus

v e r s e 3

now that the election is over

i’ll admit that i was fooled

gays getting married - more important than human life ?

who’d have thought ; i’ll admit that i was schooled

and my heart cries out for

ken rove’s religious fools

still i’m a dreamin’ realist

and i put it in the back of my head

until i logged online

and my homepage said . . .


repeat chorus (3x .. fade)

No comments: