Monday, August 25, 2008

Dear Blog

Monday August 25, 2008


Dear Blog

Okay, now that the Olympics are over – we can point our attention elsewhere to more important matters / no not the Political Conventions .. to Fantasy Football ! :lol:
Alright, I’m kidding .. sort of … - We’ll cover Fantasy Football ad nausea over the next 4 months .. but I will peek in at the Conventions, first.

But before I do – the final Olympic Medal counts for the USA was 36 Gold, 38 Silver and 36 Bronze .. for a World leading 110 total Medals.
China finished 2nd in total Medals with 100 .. 51 Gold, 21 Silver and 28 Bronze.


So, Barack Obama has chosen Delaware Senator Joe Biden as his Vice Presidential Running Mate.
I am happy with this choice and in reality, Biden was my choice for President in the beginning of this Primary Season. To be honest, he has been my choice since his ill fated run for POTUS, 20 years ago.
Plus, you gotta love his remarks to Dubya, last year when he said, “Are you nuts ?”
You see Bush had just been given some facts regarding the Iraqi Government and he ignored the intelligence reports and said, “that don’t matter none to me .. I’m going on my gut feeling !”
That’s when Joe Biden made his remarks.

Now, the Democratic National Convention runs from Monday, August 25th through Thursday, August 28th. The first 3 nights activities will be held at the 19,200 seat Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado .. but on Thursday when Barack Obama accepts the official Democratic nod to represent their Party’s nomination – the event moves to the 71,125 seat outdoor venue Invesco Field at Mile High.


The Redskins played their 4th (of 5) Pre-Season game of 2008 verses the Carolina Panthers on Saturday August 23, 2008 .. in Charlotte, North Carolina.
3 – 47 ..and that’s all I’m going to say.

The final Pre-season game will be played at Fed-Ex Field in Landover, Maryland against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Thursday August 28 at 7 PM and televised, Nationally, on NBC.
And as reported here, previously, the Redskins open the NFL Season the following Thursday, September 4 in the New Jersey Meadowlands verses the defending Super Bowl Champion New York Giants .. also at 7 PM and also Nationally televised on NBC.


Now Baseball: Hey, the sorry azz Nats ended their 12 game losing streak by winning TWO straight games before initiating another losing streak. :cs:


Carl Edwards won NASCAR’s Sprint Cup, Sharpie 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway on Saturday August 23. Joe Gibbs Racing’s Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin and Tony Stewart finished 2nd, 3rd and 7th respectively.
With less than 10 laps to go, Edwards snuck up behind Busch and tapped his rear bumper, knocking him a kilter to the outside .. then racing past him on the inside. THIS is one reason that I could not get interested in Stock Car Racing back in the early 1980s when I attended several Races (in Dover, Delaware). Back then, Dale Earnhardt, Sr. used this tactic quite often .. and instead of being penalized - he was glorified. I just don’t get it.
And I don’t want to hear, ‘that’s just racing’ !
It’s cheating.

The next NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race will be the Pepsi 500 at the Auto Club Speedway in Sonoma, California .. on Sunday, August 31.


* At this point my 8 year old Beagle dog, Rascal will not require an ultra-expensive Surgical Procedure for her recently diagnosed Cushing’s Disease. I have, also, decided against Ramipryl to treat her problem and am continuing with her Rimadyl pain medication. That medication does not cure her disease but has given her back her normal quality of life. We’ll have to see how things progress as time goes forward.
I want to thank the well wishes that my Daughter and I have received. *


Also, my very good friends Adrienne, Siouxsie, Taffy, Miriam and all my other friends in Key West, Florida fared very well during Tropical Storm Fay.
The Southern Cross Hotel, Hog’s Breath Saloon and Sloppy Joe’s Bar & Grille had no damage whatsoever .. as was the case with most of the island. The Southernmost Group experienced some erosion of their Beach but that can be replenished .. and will be as far as I hear.


Today in Key West, the high air temperature is predicted to be 86 degrees with a Relative Humidity of 86 %.
Today’s LoCo weather forecast calls for air temperatures of 90 degrees and with a Relative Humidity of 85 % .. and possible afternoon thunderstorms.



Okay, thanks for dropping by this Blog, today.
I hope to see you, tomorrow, for amateur Lyricist day at this URL.


My time is, now, up .. I thank you for yours.





LARRY CURTIS SPURLOCK

No comments: