Monday, September 29, 2008

Dear Blog

Monday September 29, 2008


Dear Blog


Just a few simple, quick thoughts on the first Presidential Debate of 2008 held at the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) on Friday September 26, 2008 from 9 PM until 10:30 PM (one hour and a half).

First, there has been much said and written, already and I will not rehash nor ‘cut & paste’ any of the Pundits ‘talking points’.
My honest humble opinion is that there was no obvious winner. Nor an obvious loser. But I was not satisfied with either Candidate. They, both, were too robotic for me. They spouted out facts & figures and dates as if they were perusing a book (or ‘talking points’ sheet). And that’s the problem. Talk to me .. sincerely. Talk to me. Don’t make it sound as if you’re teaching something to. Just EXPLAIN it to me. In plain, specific words from the Heart .. not from a memory bank.

To add a bit of levity concerning my mistrust of .. well, everybody. I trust nobody .. but at the top of my list is Politicians. They’ll do/say anything to get elected .. and then, they don’t do most of what they say they will.
Obviously, there’s tons o’ money that can be .. proliferated (sic).
That said:
We, still, must choose. Choose who’s best / not who’s perfect.
The levity = I was impressed at McCain’s ability to present so many facts and details and not misspeak .. and to say a lot of things without rambling.
He was better than I’ve ever seen him over what we see and have seen for 8 years.
THEN, it hit me ! I remembered the 3 Presidential Debates of ’04. In the first, Dubya Bush looked like an idot to Kerry’s King.
THEN, they hooked up that earpiece to Bush (remember seeing the coiled wire going up his back, under his Coat) :lol:
THEN, in subsequent Debates, Bush repeated what Karl Rove was telling him over that radioized earpiece. And he did his best (yes :lol: HIS best) presentation.
Once I realized how McCain was excelling – in my mind, I began seeing a split screen where someone was reading ‘talking points’ from another room and McCain hearing them and repeating, onstage.

I give Moderator, Jim Lehrer a ‘C’. He tried, at times, and at other times, I thought he slept. I mean – once, when it was time to move on, he not only allowed McCain to counterpoint when it clearly was not his turn nor time .. Lehrer not only allowed McCain to rebut out of turn but gave him 2 minutes.
Whazup wit dat ?

Okay, I did read that McCain was disrepectful and snooty and just like every Religious Conservative I’ve ever witnessed – THOUGHT he was right and Obama wrong ON EVERYTHING !
Obama, on the other hand, was respectful and pointed out where the 2 men agreed and disagreed.
But being a nice guy will lose this Election for the Democrats .. if they are not careful.

Still – too borrr-ing. Like 2 Rock‘em Sock’em Robots .. that didn’t move nor throw punches. :lol: But there WAS a red one and a blue one. :wink:


The Washington Redskins. Period.
That’s right the Washington freaking Redskins ..
beat the Dallas Crybabies, 26 – 24, yesterday in the two teams’ last ever game in Texas Stadium. That’s right .. the game was played in Dallas.
Now, I have had serious doubts about Redskins QB Jason Campbell and you’ve read about it, right here .. by me. But the Jason Campbell that we’ve seen in the last 3 weeks is not the player that I doubted nor the one who’s played up until the last 3 weeks. I sure hope it continues.
God bless him. I darn sure don’t mind seeing him changing and becoming much better .. causing me to admit judgemental error.

Campbell completed 20 passes in 31 attempts for 231 yards and 2 TDs ..
but most importantly NO INTERCEPTIONS !
Dallas’ Tony Romo was 28 / 47 – 300 – 1 and very importantly, a Pick.
Clinton Portis ran 21 times for 121 yards and although he didn’t score - he did not Fumble.
First round Fantasy Draft Pick, RB Marian Barber tallied 26 yards on 8 carries for the Cowbabies.
Redskins Rookie Safety, Chris Horton intercepted his 3rd pass of the Season .. and is getting meaningful Plays on Defense.

Terrell Owens did manage a Score but was not a factor. Basicly basic.

In the best Division in the NFL (the NFC East) ..
The Giants are 3 – 0 with a Bye, this week
while the Redskins and Cowbabies are 3 – 1
and the Iggles are 2 - 2 after their loose, last night at the Bears.

Hail to the Redskins for the sweetest ‘W’ in the World .. against the Cowbabies .. in Texas.

The Redskins next game is at Lincoln Financial Field, Sunday, October 5 at 1:00 PM verses the Philadelphia Iggles.
The game will be televised by FOX and can be seen in the Washington market on channel 5. In Key West, it can viewed it on Direct TVs Sunday Ticket.


Now Baseball: … :itsover: for the Nationals. Season complete.
There are two rounds of Playoffs And then, a World Series .. and I may have something to say about them as future Dear Blog’s appear at this URL.


Jimmie Johnson won NASCAR’s Sprint Cup Series Race, the Kansas 400 at the Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, Missouri on Sunday, Serptember 28 televised by ABC. Carl Edwards finished 2nd and Greg Biffle finished 3rd.
The Race was the 4th of 10 in what is being called the ‘Chase’ .. and equates to NASCAR’s Playoffs to Championship run.
Joe Gibbs Racing’s Tony Stewart, Denny Hamlin and Kyle Busch finished 40th, 11th and 28th, respectively. The other JGR member who is slated to replace Tony Stewart, next year ( 18 year old Joey Lagano ) finished 39th.
These 3 top Driver’s are currently ranked 11th, 10th and 12th in the ‘Chase’.

The next NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race will be the Amp Energy 500 at the Talladega SuperSpeedway in Talladega, Alabama on Sunday, October 5 at 2 PM and televised, nationally, by ABC.


Rascal is doing well.


Today in Key West, the high air temperature is predicted to be 76 degrees with a overnight low of 52 degrees.
Today’s LoCo weather forecast calls for air temperatures of 85 degrees and with an overnight low of 72 degrees.



Okay, thanks for dropping by this Blog, today.
I hope to see you, tomorrow, for amateur Lyricist day ..
and, also, the FU League’s Final weekly Scores & Standings
at this URL.


My time is, now, up .. I thank you for yours.




LARRY CURTIS SPURLOCK
,
.

No comments: