Thursday, October 23, 2008

Angel From Montgomery










Thursday; October 23, 2008
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Angel From Montgomery


Words & Music by: John Prine
Vocals by: John Prine & Bonnie Raitt


1
I am an old woman
named after my mother
My old man is another
child that's grown old
If dreams were lightning
thunder was desire
This old house would have burnt down
a long time ago
.
Chorus
Make me an angel
that flies from Montgomery
Make me a poster
of an old rodeo
Just give me one thing
that I can hold on to
To believe in this living
is just a hard way to go
.
2
When I was a young girl
well, I had me a cowboy
He weren't much to look at
just free rambling man
But that was a long time
and no matter how I try
The years just flow by
like a broken down dam
.
repeat Chorus
.
3
There's flies in the kitchen
I can hear 'em there buzzing
And I ain't done nothing
since I woke up today.
How the hell can a person
go to work in the morning
And come home in the evening
and have nothing to say ?
.
repeat Chorus



* Blogmeister’s Note:

Click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St9RvdtvLeE
to hear this recording .. and watch a montage Video.





LARRY..CURTIS..SPURLOCK
.
.
.
.

No comments: