Tuesday, May 12, 2009

looney toons

5 18 224 nine
1992

larry..curtis..spurlock



looney toons


1st verse .. 1-12
once in a while magical things happen
like it did to me last june
honi took me riding in the foothills
on a horse she called looney toons

you see honi was catholic
and honi was quite young
she had all these silly notions
that the earth would come undone

me i was just slummin'
when they brushed the law in '93
she took that looney toons of hers
right in the sterling d. m. v.

hook .. 13-20
i called that girl a crazy loon
born with a silver spoon
she laughed and shot me the moon
and went riding off on looney toons

when everyone was partying at the dunes
where she called me a stupid goon
i thought i'd die real soon
til we went riding on looney toons

2nd verse .. 21-32
when we got out to the mountain
i had no idea where i stood
honi and all of her girlfriends
said my head was made of wood

they laughed until i almost cried
she called herself 'little sis'
and just when i thought she hated me
she woke me with a big fat kiss

but before i could get out of my sleeping bag
she was running for the stable yard
i stood there in my skivvies
as she rode looney toons so hard

(repeat) hook .. 33-40

3rd verse .. 41-52
on saturday we all went rafting
down shenendoah creek
honi was sitting on leon's lap
ga dam girl is killing me

just what does she want me to do
i have no idea in the world
her best friend cindi told me
boy, you're going to lose that girl

how can you lose what you haven't got
am i that dumb an ass
if i'm going to be a dumb ol ass
i'll be a dumb dumb ass with class

(repeat) hook .. 53 – 60

4th verse .. 61-72
so i'm not like eric clapton
no i'm not a dog who begs
unfortunately, i am a dog
who howls at honi's legs

if you kick a dog a couple of times
he'll surely start to roam
i put my tail between my legs
on sunday i was going home

i'm a quitter .. i give up
there's nothing more to do
i have memories of wild dreams
watching honi ride loony toons

(repeat) hook .. 73-80

5th verse .. 81-92
bag packed .. i was ready
to be gone early the next day
saturday night at the campfire
chris and cindi set their wedding date

honi was so damned depressed
she ran off down by the creek
and came back later with looney toons
she walked right up to me

and said let's go for a ride
under a full summer moon
we had the ride of our lives that night
a ride she won't forget soon

(repeat) hook .. 93-100

epilogue .. 101-114
chris and cindi got married on labor day
honi was the bride's maid
that was the last time i saw honi
her memory starts to fade

we rode looney toons
… (7X)

...and honi rode me
all the way
back home
.
.
.

No comments: