Sunday, July 7, 2013

my demise has set me free

 





7_23_270_four

May 8-10, 2013
 
larry curtis spurlock


my demise has set me free



verse 1
wounded silence over the horizon appear
beneath a gleaming sky
drenched with arid richness
while the world wonders why
hiding behind an unlocked door
for all mankind to see
 
hook
i was born on my last day
my demise has set me free
 
verse 2
helpless forms of caustic requests
hanging by adversarial means
takes a promissory mission
of reds and blues and greens
members swearing members
easy as one two three
 
repeat hook

verse 3
religious fools aim their dearth
at those who do not pray
convincing independents that
it’s all they have to say
everyone wants to buy it
the cost of which is free
 
repeat hook
 
verse 4
conservative thinking vagrants hide
while testifying malicious belief
confounding material vanguards
chastising those with grief
good or bad it matters not
to be or not to be
 
repeat hook

verse 5
expert time has finally materialized
exposing grandiose partisan claims
confusion mounting pretence
screaming softly like foxfire flames
predatory mounting epic fail
filling all who pan with glee
 
repeat hook
 
bridge
 
verse 6
feigning enemies as fearless foes
makes soldiers of us all
yet history has defined us now
as tearing down that wall
but playing left against the right
is like subtracting you from me
 
repeat hook

repeat hook

 
fini







No comments: